Changes to the Ontario Ministry of Health Home Oxygen Program Effective April 3, 2020Tweet
Please follow this procedure when a resident requires oxygen:
1. Phone your local Medigas location or 1-866-446-6302 and provide the following:
a. Resident name
b. Room number
c. Date of Birth
d. Health Card number
f. Oxygen prescription which includes oxygen litre flow, hours per day
2. Inform Medigas if the spare oxygen concentrator was used. This will help ensure a replenishment unit is delivered.
3. Fax the oxygen prescription, signed by either the physician or nurse practitioner, to your local Medigas location or to 1-855-233-1160.
The oxygen delivery to your Home will be dispatched upon receipt of the faxed prescription. Your Medigas representative will deliver the oxygen to the front door of the Home.
Please follow this procedure when oxygen is no longer required:
4. Phone your local Medigas location or 1-866-446-6302 to request the pickup of used (“dirty”) concentrators. The Medigas representative will retrieve used concentrators at the front door of the Home. NOTE: To avoid oxygen charges to the Home, promptly notify Medigas when oxygen has been discontinued or no longer required.
5. Do not transfer an oxygen concentrator from Resident to Resident. Medigas follows strict infection control procedures to help prevent cross contamination.
6. Do not stockpile oxygen concentrators.